Friday 4 June 2021

Drop Everything and Talk – Term 2, Week 4

Topic: What is something you are proud of?

Response by: Kaylae

“I am proud of speaking two languages because I can speak English and Shona. My dad moved to Australia and my Mum and I were still in Zimbabwe. If I can speak both languages that means I can communicate with the people from Zimbabwe and Australia. I was born in Zimbabwe but when I came to Australia a lot of people taught me how to speak English and if I know how to speak two languages I can also teach others how to speak them.”

 

Response by: Musta

“I’m really proud of my family because people in adoption or foster care don’t know where there families are and if that was me, I wouldn’t have an amazing family that I have in my life now. I feel pleased and proud that I have a family that looks after me.”

 

Response by: Ayaan

“I’m proud of getting better at maths and division because I tried my very best when doing it and had a go. I did not care about it if I got a bad score because its all about trying your best.”

 

Response by: Stephanie

“I’m proud of myself for riding my bike around Optus Stadium and I rode up a giant hill. It took me around 1 or 2 hours. I was riding my bike in 5th gear and my legs got a ginormous workout, but it was worth it because I was having a magnificent time looking at all of the nature and lakes. My two sisters didn’t come so when I got home I told hem everything. My goal now is to ride my bike in the 6th gear. I also had lots of fun going over the speed bumps and when I go so fact down the hills. I especially like the bike rides with my family because we do it altogether and it gives me a warm feeling inside and makes me feel happy.”